Getting Started as a Realtor
Listed below are the steps required to become active in our business:
1. PERSONAL INTERVIEW - An interview with the Broker/Owner, Bill Soffel and Branch Leader, Rita White will be required prior to sponsorship for the license application. At this time Bill and Rita will explain in detail all the cost involved in getting your real estate career started. This interview should take place prior to enrolling in the NYS 75-hour qualifying course. A resume from the applicant at this stage will be most helpful.
2. NYS 75-HOUR QUALIFYING COURSE - Register for the NYS 75-Hour Qualifying Course. The cost varies depending on the school. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate from the school stating you have fulfilled New York State's requirements. This certificate also acts as your license application. The application needs to be completed and signed by you and your Broker prior to submission.
3. NYS LICENSE EXAM PROCESS - Your NYS 75-hour qualifying course instructor will supply information for the State Test.
4. APPLYING FOR THE LICENSE - Upon passing the exam, applicants will bring their fully completed real estate sales person application, the "pass" notice, and the application fee to the Yorkshire Office. Your final license certificate will be mailed directly to the broker and a pocket card will be sent to you.
5. RECEIPT OF YOUR SALESPERSON'S LICENSE - You will be notified when your license is in. At this time, you will meet with Bill or Ray to review your real estate goals and complete some required paperwork.
6. APPLICATION TO THE BOARD OF REALTORS - Board policies require new licensees to make application within 30 days of licensing. New member board requirements, fees and MLS dues will be explained in detail during your initial interview with Bill or Ray.
9. CONGRATULATIONS - Upon completing a Independent Contractor Agreement with ERA Team VP Real Estate you are well on your way to success in the real estate business!